Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Purchasing Coordinator is mainly responsible for facilitating purchase orders and ensuring the accuracy of proper product flow while coordinating with the Purchasing, Sales and Logistics Departments.
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in supply chain management or equivalent is an asset
Experience & Skills:
- 2-3 years of purchasing experience required, produce industry is an asset
- Strong knowledge and understanding of supply chain management/logistics
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong administrative skills including coordination of paperwork and data entry
- Proficient in Word/Excel/Outlook in addition to knowledge of inventory management software
- Detail oriented and ability to stay self-motivated and highly organized and prioritize
- Strong problem-solving skills, process-focused
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Facilitate/manage all activities during the purchasing process.
- Create purchase orders, ensure accuracy of the purchasing process.
- Regularly coordinate with logistics and sales department.
- Follow-up with and regularly interact with suppliers regarding availability and load capacity.
- Maintain accuracy of inventory levels within the inventory management system.
- Assist Buyer with forecasting.
- Answering phone inquiries, filing.
- Other duties as required by the Buyer.